Frequently Asked Questions
- The Ringhel systems are intuitive and easy to use. The safety of the processes managed by our platforms is ensured by the maturity of the platforms – validated by successful implementations.
- The experience, know-how in the energy and gas markets, as well as a solid knowledge in the field of national and European legislation are the key factors that made us the most well-known solutions provider of this type in Romania
- We have a solution for each client. There are no requirements which cannot be implemented, only requirements that need a different approach. The number of clients and their satisfaction is a proof of that.
The implementation of the Ringhel systems varies according to the particularities of each company. From our experience so far, the duration of the implementation process depends on several aspects, namely:
- the degree of preparation of the beneficiary’s IT structure;
- the beneficiary’s availability to dedicate resources during the implementation period (for instance, the company’s personnel is supposed to take part to training sessions during the implementation period);
- the customization degree wanted by the beneficiary. “Maximum priority” customizations will be delivered prior to the “Go Live” stage, so that the efficiency of the beneficiary’s activity can be increased.
Knowing the above mentioned aspects is important for the beneficiary to get an idea on the implementation period of the Ringhel systems.
During the implementation period for the Ringhel systems the beneficiary’s activity is not interrupted. The implementation process follows a plan mutually agreed upon with the beneficiary, without “turning off” the human resources involved in the process and without stopping the activity.
The classic stages of an implementation process
In broad lines, the implementation project involves 5 big stages, each with clear inputs and outputs and a dedicated time span:
- Installation and configuration of systems;
- Users’ training;
- Customization of systems according to the client’s specificity (including data import)
- Pre Go-Live – Delivery and Accepting Testing;
1. Installation and configuration of systems
In this stage, the systems are installed on the hardware platforms of the client. The beneficiary’s technical or IT representative will prepare the environment, making sure that the hardware equipment and the operation system are properly set prior to installing the applications. Ringhel may make suggestions regarding the necessary configurations for a good functioning of the systems. Furthermore, Ringhel installs and configures on the beneficiary’s server its own systems, as well as adjacent ones. After the installation of the systems, tests will be conducted to check the functionality of the system.
2. Users’ training
From the experience of multiple implementations, the most efficient training is the one conducted with real data (contracts, reports, various invoices, transactions, etc.). Why? Because the users know the work flow of the company and the case studies of the activity and the real data training is ideal to facilitate learning of the platform.
3. Customization of systems according to the client’s specificity (including data import)
This stage takes place during the entire implementation period, through the identification of the customization needs of the application. If the beneficiary can make available the data in a format that can be pre-processed, their import in the Ringhel systems can be attempted.
4. Pre Go-Live – Delivery and Accepting testing
In this stage the customization requirements of the platforms according to the beneficiary’s specificity are delivered, tested and accepted.
5. Go – Live
If tests confirm the successful implementation of stage 4, the last stage follows, Go-Live, the moment work actually starts on the Ringhel systems. During the entire period of implementation we monitor the best performance using our systems, we are in permanent contact with the beneficiary so that the implementation is successful.
It consists in software services, ensuring an optimum maintenance and use of the Ringhel platforms, the maintenance and online maintenance of the latest version of the platforms, making available the latest version to the beneficiary, the implementation of the latest version on the beneficiary’s server, as well as the elimination of possible malfunctions of the systems or data bases.
Technical assistance/technical support
The assistance provided by Ringhel for an optimum use of the platforms. The technical assistance/support can be provided by phone, email, Skype, remotely or through the ticketing platform of Ringhel.
Updates regarding the legislative modifications regarding the general financial-accounting activity and the energy or gas supply, trading, distribution or production activity.
Legislative updates are not equivalent to the adaptation of the software application to the specificity of the beneficiary’s activity and only occur following certain legislative changes that regulate the beneficiary’s main activity.
The energy and gas markets are in a continuous change, both from a legislative and a technical point of view. The absence of certain components, such as maintenance, technical assistance and legislative updates can prevent the platform from running at full capacity and offer the beneficiary the value they can deliver and that the beneficiary expects.
A new version of the platforms, available through the existence of a service contract, brings functional improvements, eliminates bugs and optimizes the application, especially pertaining to the adaptation of the platforms to the legislative changes on the market.
For example, through the updates, we introduce new functionalities in our systems that come up from our clients’ feedback, improvements of the data bases, adaptations of the platforms following the legislative modifications on the market. Therefore, a service contract brings a lot of added value in the use of the platforms and increases the efficiency of the beneficiary’s activity.
As the company evolves, the working processes evolve and the Ringhel systems allow the implementation of other components and facilities to suit the new working method of the beneficiary.
The Ringhel systems are scalable and adaptable. If the beneficiary wants new functionalities, it launches the software development orders through the ticketing platform made available by Ringhel. The orders are analyzed, details are added to translate the beneficiary’s exact wish and then work begins. The beneficiary may follow the status of the development directly from the ticketing platform and may confirm/close the ticket after the validation and testing the new functionalities.